My Wedding Vows


Cody Roy Layton, 
My best friend, my love, and in just a matter of moments my husband. 
As I stand here today, about to take your hand for life, before God and our loved ones I am overwhelmed with gratitude. 
I’m grateful for our love story. It’s a wild and unconventional one, but that’s usually how things go when we trust God with the authorship of our lives.  
Love is a choice, a commitment, a promise. 
I adore the motto we borrowed from Nike: “EVERY DAMN DAY”. This phrase gave us a united vision to push through even the most grim of circumstances. No matter what, through good times or bad, we’ll continue to choose each other every single day and this fact comforts me.
It is in our everyday seemingly insignificant decisions that sow either seeds of separateness or of oneness. 
My primary goal in this marriage is to build and protect our connection.
This means humbling myself before God every morning and asking myself: What kind of woman do I want to be? 
I seek to be the kind of woman who abides in God daily and who believes that there is ALWAYS MORE love to give, mercy to grant, peace to experience, courage to summon, strength to rely on, hope to believe in, service to provide, joy to unveil, and purpose within me through the power of Christ.
I commit to fighting for unity, showering you with grace, and always turning my love on for you.
To see you and know you is the greatest honor of my life and to be seen and known by you is the biggest blessing I’ll ever receive.
I believe in God’s calling over your life and I can’t stand the thought of missing out on it.
Cody Roy Layton I love you and I like you. 
I choose you EVERY DAMN DAY.
Love,

Your Manders

Comments

Popular Posts