A TRIBUTE TO MY MOTHER




This woman.

She gave me strength during the weakest time in my life.

She rubbed my shoulder before X-rays. Researched and advocated for the best spinal surgeon. Spent sleepless nights in the hospital with me. Fed me ice chips. Guided me to the bathroom when I could barely walk. 

Told me to take it minute by minute when surviving the day seemed too overwhelming.

My teenage brain wasn’t developed enough to comprehend the magnitude of her sacrifice and incredible love, but that’s the great thing about growing up. 

The older I get the clearer it becomes and the more grace I have to grant her. 

No mom is perfect, but my mom has done a pretty damn good job.

She held me close but gave me freedom to make mistakes and grow, encouraging me to go on adventures all across the globe.

She was a mom first but never put her dreams second. By example she taught me to not settle. How to live into my potential. To make a difference. To stand up for my beliefs. To humble myself and ask for forgiveness. 

To forgive others. To seek after both mental and physical health. To include everyone. To not be judgmental. To love whole-heartedly. 

Best of all, she and my dad taught me that while a marriage could fail a family didn’t have to. Their commitment to put family first will be one of the biggest blessings I’ve ever received. 

A testament that true, sacrificial love exists. 

My mom’s belief in me is unstoppable. She taught me to put my best foot forward no matter what life threw at me. That grit was more important than talent. 

Her lessons and love shaped me into the woman I am today and for that I am grateful!

Take Care,
Amanda

Comments

Popular Posts