Post-College Book Recommendation: Following Christ in the Real World

Hey friends,

Are you about to graduate college? 

Terrified about that next chapter of your life?

A follower of Christ?

Here's a book that made a huge impact on my life post-college: Following Jesus in the "Real World": A Heart for God by Richard Lamb. 



I received this book from an Intervarsity conference I attended during my last year in college.

While a tad outdated and slow to read there are several great points like: 

  • Putting God at the center of your life.
  • Deciding where to live.
  • Finding community.
  • Handling your finances. 
  • Discovering your calling.

The book asks us to invite God into our daily lives and decisions instead of squeezing Him in for just a couple of hours on a Sunday. 
My favorite quote from the book is actually a quote taken from the film "Chariots of Fire"

One of the main characters, Eric Liddell, says: "I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure."

Great isn't it?


Fill in the blank: When I              I feel God's pleasure. 

For me, the answer is writing. 

I am happiest and most fulfilled when I write a blog post, a Chicken Soup for the Soul essay, or work on one of my books. 



And, yes, I feel God's pleasure when I write. Like He is genuinely pleased with me when I use the talents He's given me for good. 

What about you?

Share in the comments!

Take care,
Amanda 

Comments

Popular Posts